Welcome to my page!
I am a Software Safety Engineer at Automated Driving & Active Safety - General Motors Canada since April 2021. I also hold an adjunct assistant professorship at McMaster University active from July 2021.
I was a Postdoc at Mcscert Research Team, Department of Computing and Software, McMaster university from March 2020 to March 2021 and worked on safety analysis of autonomous vehicles in a joint project with GM Canada.
Previously, I worked as a Postdoc at Deepse Group, Politecnico di Milano from Jan 2018 to March 2020, where I received my PhD (Nov 2014 - Jan 2018) under supervision of Prof. Dino Mandrioli. I worked on a joint project with STIIMA - CNR to provide software solutions for human safety in collaborative robotics. In particular, we employed model checking and temporal logic to model all the variations of task execution in collabortive robotic scenarios, and identify and mitigate hazardous traces that could endanger human operator.
I also shortly worked with Prof. Di Nitto on SDOALITE European Project. The goal of the project is to increase the simplicity of deploying heterogeneous systems and enabling developers to describe their applications once, using high level semantic abstractions and targeting generic abstracted execution platform to bring-up a runtime bootstrap environment. I Implemented a component that creates Infrastructure as Code blueprints in TOSCA notation from model instances defined in the project, whose output later is deployed by the user through the SDOALITE IDE.
My research interests are formal verification, model-based safety analysis, and application of model checking in autonomous systems and robotics.
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Politecnico di Milano, 2018
- M.S. in Computing Systems Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, 2013
- B.S. in Computer Science, University of Tehran, 2009
- Software Safety Engineer (April 2021 - Ongoing)
- General Motors, Canada
- PostDoc (April 2020 - April 2021)
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- PostDoc (Feb 2018 - March 2020)
- Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
- IT Security Consultant (Oct 2013 - Oct 2014)
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Milan, Italy
Email: askarpom at mcmaster dot ca